Thousands of new and seasoned boaters are expected to visit the 46th annual Tampa Boat Show Sept. 9-11, the fall’s sought after destination for on-the-water enthusiasts to view, board and shop bargains on hundreds of the newest boats and marine accessories.
In addition to the vast selection of boats and marine products on land and in-water, the Bay Area’s largest boat show offers fun and educational attractions for boaters of all ages and experience levels, including appearances by the Harris brothers from the hit show Deadliest Catch; the Discover Boating Resource Center featuring on-the-water educational courses and free boat rides; live music at the Party Barge; and much more.
2011 Tampa Boat Show highlights include:
• New! Meet the Harris brothers from Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch! Meet Jake and Josh Harris, sons of the late Captain Phil Harris and deck hands on the famous Cornelia Marie, from the hit series Deadliest Catch. Meet & greet sessions at the show are scheduled as follows:
o Friday, Sept. 9: 5-7 p.m.
o Saturday, Sept. 10 and Sunday, Sept. 11: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
• Get Off the Dock at the Discover Boating Resource Center – Boaters of all ages can take advantage of a variety of free interactive and educational on-the-water programs to hone their boating skills. This year’s courses include ski boat rides; close quarter boat handling; an introduction to sailing; plus free boat rides to experience the fun of boating. Visit TampaBoatShow.com for a complete list of Discover Boating Resource Center offerings.
• Boaters’ Education Center, presented by Best Buy – After a day of shopping and learning on the docks, visit the Tampa Convention Center for free daily seminars from the area’s experts to learn about everything needed to be confident on the water, including ‘Ladies at the Helm’ by Thunder Marine, a training program specifically for women to put them in the captain’s seat; offshore rigging and baiting tactics; the newest boating electronics; and more.
• Tampa Bay Lightning on Tour – The Tampa Bay Lightning cruises into the Tampa Boat Show with giveaways, games and special appearances by players, Thunderbug and the Bolt Brigade on Saturday, Sept. 10 from 1-3 p.m.
• Fishing Center – Daily free fishing educational sessions from the area’s top anglers offer an informative and entertaining way for fishing enthusiasts to improve their knowledge and expand their skills. Seminar times and dates can be found at TampaBoatShow.com.
• Live Music on the Party Barge – Take a stroll outside and stop by the Party Barge for live music and cold drink specials. This popular show destination is a great place to meet with other boaters and enjoy music from favorite local bands performing daily. The Party Barge is centrally located on the in-water floating docks.
• Miss GEICO – See Miss GEICO, the world’s fastest offshore racing boat, a catamaran poised for performance that can reach upwards of 185 mph. The 40-foot, twin-engine 1,500 turbine-powered offshore racer demolishes records and awes those unfortunate enough to race against her.
• Pre-Show Shopping – Tampa Boat Show’s newest online offering allows attendees to pre-shop the 2011 show for the greatest deals on the newest boats by visiting TampaBoatShow.com. Show goers can plan ahead and search boats by brand, model and more, in addition to scheduling dealer appointments.
• Win a $300 Shopping Spree – Gear up for fun on the water! Enter for a chance to win a $300 shopping spree at the Tampa Boat Show. The winner will also be awarded two free tickets to the Tampa Boat Show.
Friday through Sunday, Sept. 9-11
Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tampa Convention Center
333 South Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
$10 for adults (16 and older)
FREE for kids 15 and under
All military personnel, EMT’s, Fire Fighters and Police get in FREE on Sunday, Sept. 11 with valid ID
Web: For more information and to pre-shop the show, visit TampaBoatShow.com. Be a part of the conversation – become a fan on Facebook and follow the show on Twitter.
About the Tampa Boat Show: The 46th annual Tampa Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat shows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org.
SOURCE: Creative Communications Consultants, Inc.
This press release is distributed by PR NewsChannel. Your News. Everywhere.